If you wish to market to professionals, there’s no higher place than LinkedIn. The platform customers to attach with like-minded enterprise people, apply and recruit for jobs, and observe the newest information from organizations and influential individuals from throughout the globe.
Once you perceive how LinkedIn members and types use the channel, you’ll acquire priceless insights into how one can incorporate LinkedIn into your social media technique.
Listed below are probably the most up-to-date LinkedIn statistics to pay attention to in 2022 that will help you craft thrilling campaigns.
Bonus: Obtain a free information that exhibits the 11 ways Hootsuite’s social media group used to develop their LinkedIn viewers from 0 to 278,000 followers.
Normal LinkedIn statistics
1. LinkedIn turns 19 years previous in 2022
The community formally launched on Could fifth, 2003, simply 9 months earlier than Fb launched at Harvard. LinkedIn is the oldest of the main social networks nonetheless in use in the present day.
2. LinkedIn has 35 places of work and 18,000 staff
These places of work are positioned in additional than 30 cities worldwide, together with 10 in the US.
3. LinkedIn is offered in 25 languages
This permits many world customers to entry the community of their native language.
4. Over 12 million LinkedIn members are signalling their availability to work
Making use of LinkedIn’s #OpenToWork picture body, over 12 million customers are actively indicating their eligibility to potential hirers.
LinkedIn consumer stats
5. LinkedIn has 810 million members
To place that quantity in context, Instagram presently has over 1.2 billion customers, and Fb has nearly 3 billion. So LinkedIn will not be the most important of the social networks, however with a selected enterprise focus, it’s an viewers price listening to.
6. 57% of LinkedIn customers determine as males, with 43% figuring out as girls
Males considerably outnumber girls on LinkedIn total, however you’ll must perform a little research to grasp the make-up of your particular LinkedIn viewers. Notice that LinkedIn doesn’t report any genders apart from male or feminine.
7. Over 77% of LinkedIn customers are from outdoors the US
Whereas the US is LinkedIn’s largest market with over 185 million customers, the community has gained traction all over the world.
8. LinkedIn has members in 200 international locations and areas worldwide
LinkedIn’s customers dwell in additional than 200 hundred international locations and areas all over the world. This contains over 211 million in Europe, the Center East, and Africa, 224 million within the Asia Pacific, and 124 million in Latin America.
9. Virtually 60% of LinkedIn’s customers are between 25 and 34 years previous
It’s not a shock that greater than half of LinkedIn customers are within the age group that’s beginning and rising their careers. It’s an expert community, in spite of everything.
Supply: Hootsuite Digital Tendencies Report 2022
10. With 23.38 million followers, Google is probably the most adopted group on LinkedIn
Beating out Amazon, TED Conferences, and LinkedIn themselves, tech big Google ranks as probably the most adopted firm account on the platform.
11. Adopted by over 35 million customers, Invoice Gates is probably the most adopted individual on LinkedIn
The Microsoft founder is out on his personal as probably the most adopted private account on the platform, with nearly double the quantity of followers as Richard Branson behind him in second place. Humorous that Microsoft owns LinkedIn, however we’re simply speculating right here!
12. #India is probably the most adopted hashtag on LinkedIn, with 67.6 million followers
The opposite hottest hashtags embrace #Innovation (38.8 million), #Administration (36 million), and #HumanResources (33.2 million). The dominance of the #India hashtag suggests to entrepreneurs that the nation is to not be ignored as a part of your world marketing campaign technique.
Supply: Hootsuite Digital Tendencies Report 2022
LinkedIn utilization stats
13. 49 million individuals use LinkedIn to seek for jobs every week
If your organization is hiring, your LinkedIn Web page generally is a key supply of potential new staff.
When hiring managers can’t display potential new hires in individual, instruments like LinkedIn are much more necessary. And 81% of expertise professionals say that digital recruiting will proceed lengthy after the pandemic.
14. 6 individuals are employed by means of LinkedIn each minute
If that final LinkedIn stat didn’t persuade you it’s price having a strong presence on this community, this one ought to. Any firm planning to rent new staff in 2022 wants a elegant LinkedIn Web page to assist entice top-tier expertise and leverage the channel to recruit candidates.
15. There are 77 job purposes submitted each second on LinkedIn
To place this already exceptional determine in perspective, that’s 4,620 purposes despatched each minute, 277,200 despatched each hour, and an unbelievable 6.65 million job purposes despatched daily.
Of their 185 million members, LinkedIn’s day by day energetic customers (DAU) account for 16.2% of them, figuring out at round 29.97 million customers that log in to the platform day by day.
17. 48.5% of customers within the US use LinkedIn no less than as soon as a month
At roughly 89.73 million month-to-month energetic customers (MAU), this represents a chance for entrepreneurs to entry an in depth pool of decision-makers throughout the nation.
18. LinkedIn noticed 15.4 billion classes in Q2 FY22
LinkedIn has transitioned from being “simply” a recruitment platform to an expert community the place individuals educate themselves and study different corporations and alternatives of their business.
19. 30% of an organization’s engagement on LinkedIn comes from staff
This makes plenty of sense: your organization’s staff are the individuals who care most about seeing your model succeed.
Boosting model repute through worker advocacy is a profitable technique for corporations that develop a complete program.
20. Workers are 14x extra prone to share content material from their employers than different kinds of content material on LinkedIn
This reinforces the LinkedIn stat above. Your staff are an necessary a part of your LinkedIn advertising and marketing technique.
In case you’re unsure the place to get began on worker advocacy, try Hootsuite Amplify.
21. LinkedIn posts with photos get 2x larger engagement
Bigger photos do even higher, with 38% larger click-through charges than different photos. LinkedIn recommends 1200 x 627 pixels.
Unsure what sorts of photos to publish together with your LinkedIn updates? Take a look at these free inventory picture websites.
LinkedIn promoting statistics
22. An advert on LinkedIn can attain 14.6% of the world’s inhabitants
That’s, 14.6% of individuals over the age of eighteen. Whereas this isn’t the very best attain amongst social networks, LinkedIn has the benefit of a self-selected consumer base that cares about their work.
23. LinkedIn’s advert attain grew by 22 million individuals in This fall 2022
That’s a 2.8% enhance from Q3.
Supply: Hootsuite Digital Tendencies Report 2022
24. Manufacturers have seen a 33% enhance in buy intent ensuing from advert publicity on LinkedIn
Entrepreneurs can profit from LinkedIn’s skill to attach with members early within the advertising and marketing funnel by means of customers partaking with model posts and sharing them on their feed.
25. Entrepreneurs see as much as 2x larger conversion charges on LinkedIn
LinkedIn’s vary of instruments for viewers focusing on means web site visits originating from the platform usually tend to enhance conversions on B2B websites.
LinkedIn enterprise statistics
26. 4 out of 5 individuals on LinkedIn “drive enterprise choices”
The platform’s chief promoting level for entrepreneurs is its skill to focus on an viewers by their job, not simply their demographics.
This permits B2B entrepreneurs particularly to achieve the individuals who make the shopping for choices.
27. There are 58 million corporations on LinkedIn
It’s no surprise, as this highly effective community permits manufacturers to achieve each customers and B2B prospects, in addition to new hires.
28. LinkedIn noticed a 37% year-over-year development in income in Q2 FY22.
With the platform’s recognition ever-increasing, its paid providers have adopted go well with. As well as, customers can choose from a number of premium membership plans to entry improved metrics to spice up their engagement.
29. LinkedIn noticed a 43% year-over-year enhance in Advertising and marketing Options income in Q2 FY22
As entrepreneurs have gravitated towards LinkedIn’s options to gasoline their very own development, they’ve additionally fuelled LinkedIn’s. Surpassing 1 billion USD for the primary time in Q3 FY21, the platform’s development in income is not any shock given its development in consumer base.
30. 40% of B2B entrepreneurs surveyed indicated LinkedIn because the simplest channel for driving high-quality leads.
LinkedIn customers can use skilled demographic information to focus on the fitting individuals primarily based on their job title, firm, business, and seniority.
31. 93% of B2B content material entrepreneurs use LinkedIn for natural social advertising and marketing
These stats make LinkedIn the highest community for B2B content material entrepreneurs, adopted by Fb and Twitter (80% and 71%, respectively). This isn’t shocking, provided that LinkedIn presents a context wherein individuals count on and search out business-related content material.
32. 77% of content material entrepreneurs say LinkedIn produces the perfect natural outcomes
In addition to boasting probably the most used platform for natural entrepreneurs, LinkedIn ranks as the perfect community for producing natural outcomes.
A way behind LinkedIn, Fb is available in at second with 37%, adopted by Instagram with 27% and YouTube with 21%.
33. 75% of B2B content material entrepreneurs use LinkedIn advertisements
It’s not a shock that the highest natural social community for B2B entrepreneurs can also be the highest paid social community. Fb is available in subsequent at 69%, adopted by Twitter at 30%.
In case you’re new to utilizing paid options on LinkedIn, we’ve acquired a complete information to LinkedIn advertisements to get you began.
34. 79% of content material entrepreneurs say LinkedIn advertisements produce the perfect outcomes
Not content material with being the strongest social networking platform for natural outcomes, LinkedIn Advertisements ranks as the perfect for paid outcomes.
Behind LinkedIn got here Fb (54%), YouTube (36%), and Instagram (33%).
35. Manufacturers get 7x extra reactions and 24x extra feedback on LinkedIn Stay streams than common video
We already noticed that LinkedIn video posts get extra engagement than common posts. However Stay video takes issues up an extra notch, with impressively excessive engagement ranges, particularly for feedback.
That prime remark price exhibits individuals are engaged in the course of the dwell video stream and ready to work together with the individuals.
36. Corporations that publish weekly on LinkedIn see a 2x larger engagement price
Don’t suppose you possibly can simply let your LinkedIn Firm Web page sit there idle. You could repeatedly share updates to keep up a excessive engagement price on LinkedIn. The excellent news is you solely must publish as soon as every week to attain that larger engagement stage.
Our analysis exhibits that the finest day to publish on LinkedIn is Wednesday for B2B manufacturers or Monday and Wednesday for B2C manufacturers.
37. Corporations with an entire, energetic LinkedIn Web page see 5x extra web page views
Additionally they get 7x extra impressions per follower and 11x extra clicks per follower. Just like the LinkedIn firm web page statistic above, this exhibits the worth of preserving your LinkedIn web page up-to-date and energetic.
In case you need assistance guaranteeing your model is making probably the most out of its LinkedIn presence, check out our information to optimizing your LinkedIn firm web page.
Simply handle your LinkedIn Web page alongside your different social channels utilizing Hootsuite. From a single platform you possibly can schedule and share content material—together with video—interact your community, and enhance top-performing content material. Begin your 30-day trial in the present day.
Do it higher with Hootsuite, the all-in-one social media toolkit. Keep up to the mark, develop, and beat the competitors.