Hi there and welcome again to Fairness, TechCrunch’s enterprise capital-focused podcast, the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
Our beloved Danny was again, becoming a member of Natasha and Alex and Grace and Chris to talk via yet one more extremely busy week. As a window into our course of, each week we inform each other that the subsequent week we’ll minimize the present right down to dimension. Then the week is so attention-grabbing that we find yourself reducing plenty of information, but in addition retaining plenty of information. The chaotic course of is a piece in progress, however it signifies that the top result’s at all times what we determined we are able to’t not speak about.
Right here’s what we acquired into:
- A little bit URL to IRL replace from Natasha, who simply acquired again from an edtech convention.
- How one VC acquired hit by ransomware, and why stolen LP information could possibly be a get up name for traders.
- The crew chatted via some Cloud 100 numbers, and riffed for a minute on Figma, Gusto, and Mailchimp, firms all reportedly value across the $10 billion mark.
- From the early-stage funding spherical facet of issues, we noodled on Surfside’s $4 million elevate, and the capital that Pave not too long ago attracted. Felt additionally raised cash to make maps extra mainstream, which had us enthusiastic about use instances galore.
- In unicorn-land, Trendyol raised a mountain of money, whereas UpGrad turned India’s latest unicorn.
- Local weather change goes to imply heaps extra firms wanted to deal with catastrophe prep, Danny argues. His current EC-1 right here about RapidSOS acquired into the deep and sophisticated world of three easy numbers: 911.
- And we ended the present with a riff on Salesforce+, which we had enjoyable with but in addition tried to take critically as a result of we’re journalists in any case.