2022 is the yr to change to Google Analytics 4 from Common Analytics, the present model for many customers.
On this publish, I’ll present a guidelines to make sure a easy transition in order that nothing is left behind.
Google Analytics 4 Transition Guidelines
- Examine complete classes. Guarantee session counts align between UA and GA4.
- Examine classes by medium. Guarantee channel attribution aligns on UA and GA4.
- Examine engaged classes in GA4 versus bounce price in UA. Be sure that the metrics are shut.
- Verify Occasions between UA and GA4. Be sure that none have been forgotten within the transition.
- Examine complete conversions for UA and GA4. Verify all conversions in UA have been arrange in GA4 and are reporting appropriately.
- Verify customized dimensions and metrics in UA have been created in GA4 and are populating.
- Test Google Advertisements integration in GA4 if it was carried out in UA.
- Test Google Search Console integration in GA4 if it was carried out in UA.
- For ecommerce, evaluate transactions and income between UA and GA total and by product title, SKU, and class. Additionally, evaluate transactions and income by any customized dimension in UA.
To help, I’ve created a Information Studio report to hook up with your UA view and GA4 property and evaluate the 2. The report additionally consists of directions for accessing each knowledge sources.
The report will possible evolve with new options in Google Analytics 4. I intend to repeatedly enhance it so customers can transition easily.