Google is now rolling out a conversion migration software so that you can necessary your current targets from Common Analytics to Google Analytics 4. You’ll be able to entry this below your GA4 settings display, within the Setup Assistant tab, below the Conversions part.
The way it works. The targets migration software lets you shortly recreate eligible targets out of your related Common Analytics property as conversion occasions in your Google Analytics 4 property. I personally don’t see it but, however I believe I’ll see the import software quickly. Charles Farina posted screenshots of the way it works on Twitter:
How the software works.
For every eligible Common Analytics aim you choose, the targets migration software mechanically does the next in your related Google Analytics 4 property:
- Creates a brand new Create occasion rule
- Marks the created occasion as a conversion
Common Analytics properties can have a number of completely different aim varieties. These two aim varieties might be migrated utilizing the software:
- Vacation spot aim: When a person lands on a selected web page, comparable to a “thanks” or “affirmation” web page
- Occasion aim: When a person triggers a selected occasion, comparable to social advice, video play, or advert click on
The next forms of targets can’t be mechanically migrated and gained’t seem within the software: Pages/Screens per session targets, Length targets, Sensible targets, and any aim that makes use of common expressions.
You’ll be able to create as much as 30 customized conversion occasions per normal Google Analytics 4 property.
Learn how to use it: To make use of the targets migration software, you want the Editor position in your account.
- In Google Analytics, click on Admin.
- Within the Account column, ensure that your required account is chosen. (Should you solely have one Google Analytics account, it’s going to already be chosen.)
- Within the Property column, choose the Google Analytics 4 property that at present collects knowledge on your web site.
- Within the Property column, click on Setup Assistant.
- Below Conversions, go to Import current targets out of your related Common Analytics property, and click on Get began.
- Within the Import current targets out of your related property panel, choose which targets you’d prefer to recreate as conversion occasions in your new Google Analytics 4 property.
- Click on Import chosen conversions within the prime proper.
A affirmation message will present within the backside left of your display when your chosen targets have been efficiently recreated as conversion occasions in your Google Analytics 4 property.
For extra particulars on this import software, see this assist doc.
Why we care. You should utilize this software to probably prevent time not having to arrange your targets from scratch in GA4. However ensure that to learn the assistance doc rigorously to see what this software will and won’t import.