The Nikkor Z 135mm f1.8 Plena is a brand new full-frame medium-telephoto mirrorless lens that Nikon have designed to be each distinctive and legendary.
Delivering completely spherical bokeh always, even on the edges of the body, due to an 11-blade rounded aperture, this lens allows new issues that haven’t been potential earlier than.
It additionally affords unimaginable sharpness and no vignetting even when taking pictures wide-open at F1.8 and has a minimal focus distance of simply 0.82m.
That is an S-line lens that’s weather-sealed, has customisable controls, accepts a wise 82mm filter, and weighs in at lower than a kilo (995g).
It’s going to value £2699 and will probably be obtainable from early-mid October 2023.
Plena is a model new time period inside Nikon, which means ‘full’ or ‘full’.
Nikon UK Press Launch
ANNOUNCING THE NIKKOR Z 135MM f/1.8 S PLENA: THE PERFECT BOKEH LENS
Gross sales Begin Date: Mid October 2023
Worth: £2699 | €3,099 ROI
London, United Kingdom, twenty seventh September 2023: Right this moment, Nikon takes S-Line optical excellence to new heights with the NIKKOR Z 135mm f/1.8 S Plena. Stills to films, this premium full-frame medium-telephoto lens delivers the last word in flawless bokeh. From fine-art images to portraiture, excessive vogue, nature, and extra, discerning photographers can create photos of unimaginable depth and artistry.
The very character of Plena is all-round optical perfection. The vast Nikon Z mount has opened new prospects for lens design, and Plena takes benefit of all of them to ship actually round bokeh even within the furthest corners of the body. Mixed with the compression of the 135mm focal size, topic separation is actually putting. Even when taking pictures vast open in opposition to advanced backgrounds or at shut vary, the best particulars may be remoted with crystalline sharpness in opposition to the ethereal bokeh.
Plena boasts the very best general rendering energy of any S-Line lens in addition to peripheral brightness that surpasses some other S-Line lens at f/1.8. Mixed with its 11-blade rounded aperture and complicated optical development, aberrations are completely countered: there’s no have to cease right down to keep away from vignetting. Even when taking pictures vast open, level gentle sources like stars or metropolis lights are sharp, spherical, and clear, and backlit bokeh is freed from sagittal coma and flare.
As well as, Plena’s quick, exact autofocus makes this fine-art S-Line prime lens exceptionally easy to deal with. Focus is rapidly acquired at any focusing distance, and even on the widest aperture the place the focal airplane is thinner. Weighing simply shy of a kilo and with customisable controls, Plena can be fantastically manageable whether or not taking pictures handheld or rigged.
Dirk Jasper, Product Supervisor, Nikon Europe says: “Nikon engineers have outdone themselves with Plena. Photographers who wish to create flawless bokeh now have the right lens at their disposal. After Noct, that is solely the second lens in Nikon’s historical past to be given its personal identify, which exhibits simply how particular it’s. Coming from the Latin ‘plenus’, which means to be ‘full’ or ‘full’, it’s good for a lens that delivers bokeh as beautiful as this.”
- Flawless bokeh: completely spherical circles of bokeh are seen even within the furthest corners of the body. There’s no onion-ring or cat-eye bokeh, and no discernible color fringing or vignetting.
- Masterful optical design: 11 rounded aperture blades and an optical system that consists of 16 components in 14 teams mix to minimise diffraction and counter sagittal coma and spherical aberrations. Chopping-edge optics embrace Nikon’s SR glass and an aspherical lens component.
- Beautiful rendering: whether or not taking pictures at f/1.8 or stopped down, photos show pin-sharp in-focus particulars with easily graded background and foreground bokeh. Color and distinction are distinctive, even round high-contrast edges.
- Plentiful peripheral gentle even at f/1.8: brightness is completely even throughout the whole body with no seen gentle fall-off on the edges, even when taking pictures vast open.
- Excellent anti-reflection and backlight management: Nikon’s unique Meso Amorphous Coat and ARNEO Coat counter glare and lens flare by eliminating incidental gentle coming from any course.
- Quick, meticulous autofocus: Plena acquires focus rapidly and quietly in any respect focusing distances: from shut vary to infinity. The minimal focus distance is simply 0.82 m.
- Premium S-Line construct: formed for good steadiness, constructed completely from powerful but light-weight steel, and engraved with the Plena identify.
- Easy dealing with: two L-fn buttons are completely positioned for horizontal and vertical taking pictures. The massive, knurled focus ring actuates easily with simply the correct amount of torque.
- Location prepared: in depth sealing across the joints and buttons, and a rubber gasket on the lens mount, preserve mud, dust, and moisture at bay.1
- Accepts 82 mm filters: the NIKKOR Z 135mm f/1.8 S Plena accepts the identical big selection of 82 mm screw-on filters as S-Line f/1.2 lenses.
1 The lens shouldn’t be assured to be dust- and drip-resistant in all conditions and beneath all situations.
Click on on a thumbnail to see the total model.