“I need to know the way my web site is performing as my boss is asking me for our numbers final month urgently.” Are you able to put together an analytics presentation for Thursday subsequent week?
Ever acquired a request like this on Friday afternoon out of your purchasers while you’re wrapping up for the week?
Earlier than leaping into pulling numbers and creating charts, cease. Take a breath.
It’s worthwhile to systematically break down the request and ask follow-up questions to make sure you’ve created a report fulfilling the request to a T.
You’ll learn to create a powerful analytics presentation in your purchasers with out tearing your hair out. Learn on!
What’s an Analytics Presentation?
An analytics presentation compiles information metrics and insights from internet analytics instruments like Google Analytics, and Adobe Analytics collected in PowerPoint presentation slides or information visualization instruments. Enterprise executives use these shows’ information evaluation and proposals to evaluation enterprise efficiency and make strategic choices.
Your job, subsequently, as an analyst, is to search out and current related information and proposals that can handle the enterprise considerations of the folks reviewing the report and assist them make choices.
Save time getting ready in your subsequent information analytics presentation with DashThis’s Google Analytics report template, gathering all important internet analytics metrics in a ravishing report back to ace your subsequent presentation.
5 Steps to Creating the Excellent Analytics Presentation for Your Purchasers
Step 1: Ask questions to assemble the proper data
Don’t be afraid to probe additional in case you get a vague-sounding request from a shopper. Take the time to evaluation their request and perceive what they’re asking.
First, Sam Priddy from Tableau recommends writing down the request on paper or in your notes to grasp the request and establish areas that want clarification. Make sure you and your shopper are on the identical web page when understanding necessities and scope.
When you’re clear, it’s time to dive deeper. Some inquiries to get you began:
- What’s the goal of the assembly? Perceive if the session influences any choices, like pricing choices, finances allocations or extra. For instance, a dialogue on content material advertising and marketing technique for lead technology may want metrics on content material advertising and marketing’s effectiveness at enhancing conversion fee and enterprise income.
- What’s the reporting interval of the info? Are we month-to-month, quarterly, or yearly information?
- Who shall be attending this assembly or reviewing the presentation? Every viewers group cares about various things. A VP of gross sales may care about internet new income and total gross sales pipeline, whereas a head of content material may care in regards to the bounce fee of a gross sales touchdown web page, the variety of certified leads and partnerships acquired. Put your self in numerous folks’s footwear and guarantee your report incorporates related data.
- What’s the specified consequence of the report? Are they in search of a abstract of previous efficiency, a pure presentation of numbers, or an interactive solution to discover information in real-time to make optimization choices?
Tip: Current information successfully by asking your self what metrics or outcomes every viewers group cares about, what their stakeholders need from them and what they count on to see from the report. Analysis their roles and obligations, or ask your shopper for extra data.
With the solutions to those questions, you’ll be able to establish what data you want and what to discard out of your report. Now you know the way to strategy your presentation and construction your report for optimum effectivity.
Step 2: Set up your KPIs
Now that you realize the report’s targets and who shall be current on the assembly, ask your self what KPIs and metrics present the data your shopper wants. Good KPIs are all the time related to a stakeholder concern, enterprise objective or advertising and marketing objective. A report from Point out and Livestorm particulars vital advertising and marketing targets for firms in 2022 and examples of KPIs used to measure them.
How do you go about selecting KPIs from advertising and marketing and enterprise targets?
Let’s say your shopper has a enterprise objective to construct optimistic social proof and set up belief of their goal marketplace for their e-commerce retailer.
Your advertising and marketing objective will then be to encourage extra on-line opinions for them within the subsequent 6 months, and also you’ll use the variety of on-line opinions from their web site, guests, on Google and on market listings as a KPI to trace your progress.
Step 3: Create your analytics dashboard
You can all the time current your information in a PowerPoint (PPT) slide deck or Excel spreadsheet. However in case you’re trying so as to add that additional spice to your analytics presentation moreover a well-formatted PowerPoint template and wow your purchasers, take into consideration having your information in an interactive dashboard.
An interactive dashboard turns assembly attendees into energetic individuals. They will analyze information for themselves, filter, kind and re-arrange information from almost any angle. It additionally helps them comply with alongside in your presentation, making the session extra helpful.
Right here’s how you can create an interactive information visualization in minutes with DashThis.
Step 1: Enroll for an account with DashThis. Our free 15-day trial lets you see if we’re the fitting match for you.
Step 2: Select from one in all our pre-set report templates so that you can construct your report. Our experiences embrace simple visualization performance like pie charts and bar graphs for presentation design.
Step 3: Select from over 40+ integrations and join your digital advertising and marketing and social media instruments in seconds.
Step 4: Choose the metrics to incorporate in your report from DashThis’ preset widgets.
Step 5: Add as many information factors as it’s good to arrange your report. As soon as accomplished, save your accomplished report as a template so you’ll be able to reuse the template for future shows with purchasers, saving much more time!
Tip: Ship your report back to your shopper or folks you realize shall be current at a gathering as a pre-read a number of hours earlier than the assembly. This helps you’ve got extra productive conferences and makes you and your shopper look good in entrance of everybody!
Step 4: Embrace motion factors
Bear in mind, information is barely legitimate when synthesized and interpreted.
Any information you embrace ought to reply the ‘So What’ query – what does this information level imply within the context of enterprise targets, and what to do subsequent?
DashThis lets you annotate graphs and metrics in your report with notes and feedback; helpful for summarizing key factors, explaining anomalies and together with useful context.
When you’ve contextualized the info, proceed to develop suggestions, particularly in case you’re concerned in initiatives that affect these metrics.
- Manage a number of suggestions by precedence
- Assign homeowners for whoever is chargeable for finishing up these suggestions
- Align on the subsequent time you’ll evaluation the metric.
Step 5: Depart room for suggestions and dialogue
A presentation is a two-way dialog. You’ll need to depart time in your viewers to present suggestions and ask questions in regards to the information.
Some tips about dealing with questions throughout a presentation like a professional:
- Bear in mind, the folks you’re presenting to may be seeing the numbers you’re presenting for the primary time. Take breaks whereas getting ready the report back to see it with recent eyes or examine in along with your group to evaluation for any factors you will have missed.
- Anticipate questions by reviewing the folks’s roles on the assembly and what they’ll be in search of.
- Use full sentences in your headers to spotlight what’s vital in a chart. A chart about social proof can have the heading “The variety of buyer opinions throughout all channels elevated by 200% within the final 12 months”.
- Use annotations to spotlight anomalies within the information, listening to spikes or dips in important metrics.
- Summarize the presentation with one key takeaway that straight solutions the enterprise considerations outlined in step 1. Your purchasers and stakeholders are busy, and doing the work to distill your presentation ensures it delivers extra influence.
Finally, you need to be so conversant in your information that you realize it just like the again of your hand.
Ship Shopper Analytics Shows Like a Professional
Following these 5 steps will equip you with all of the instruments it’s good to ace your subsequent shopper presentation,
- Ask questions and make clear what is required.
- Set up KPIs related to enterprise targets and handle stakeholder considerations
- Make your information interactive to assist comprehension
- Reply the So-What query in your motion steps and proposals
- Anticipate questions and suggestions
And eventually, you study by doing. Each shopper seems for various issues and has numerous considerations. The extra you’re employed with them and search suggestions to enhance, you’ll turn into often called the presentation grasp very quickly.