Applied sciences corresponding to pure language processing (NLP), pc imaginative and prescient (CV), or generative AI, are all fueled on information. Companies are more and more counting on AI information assortment providers to acquire this information.
Innodata Inc. is an AI information service supplier that claims to assist corporations fulfill their AI information wants. Nonetheless, our evaluation has highlighted sure limitations in working with Innodata Inc.
Readers taken with Innodata fall underneath 2 classes; choose yours to see data that’s related to you:
If you’re contemplating Innodata, this text gives an in-depth evaluation of the corporate and gives 3 options.
High 3 Innodata options (for staff)
This part compares the options based mostly on standards which might be helpful for potential or present staff of Innodata.
Desk 1. Innodata options comparability (for staff)
* The info for employee rankings is gathered from Trustpilot, the place most reviewers are staff quite than consumers.
** Knowledge gathered from analyzing employee evaluations.
High 3 Innodata options (for purchasers)
This part compares the options based mostly on standards which might be helpful for potential consumers or prospects of Innodata’s providers.
Desk 2. Innodata options comparability (for purchasers)
out of 5 (Avg)*
|Amazon Mechanical Turk
* Knowledge was gathered from B2B evaluation platforms corresponding to G2, TrustRadius, and Capterra.
Notes for the tables
- The comparability is predicated on publicly accessible and verifiable information
- The businesses are ranked based mostly on the variety of evaluations.
Innodata Inc evaluation
Based in 1988 and based mostly in New Jersey, USA, Innodata gives completely different options for AI improvement. Innodata Inc. was previously referred to as Innodata Isogen, Inc. The corporate claims to handle over 4,000 consultants (SMEs) globally who’ve experience in a number of industries, together with healthcare, authorized, and finance. With its workforce, it claims to supply the next providers:
- Knowledge assortment: It gives custom-made pure and artificial information assortment providers for AI mannequin coaching. This contains sourcing a variety of information sorts to go well with completely different AI and machine studying wants.
- Knowledge annotation: Innodata additionally gives information annotation or labeling providers, specializing in complicated and delicate information.
- Utilized AI providers: This service is aimed to make common, complicated enterprise duties extra environment friendly by utilizing knowledgeable assist.
- Generative AI: The corporate additionally claims to supply datasets for generative AI improvement.
Innodata evaluation (for purchasers)
This part discusses among the execs and cons of buying Innodata’s providers based mostly on our evaluation of the corporate and its options.
1. Further providers
Innodata gives information annotation with its information assortment service, which is a plus level since they’re each complementary providers for getting ready datasets for machine studying fashions. Some corporations don’t supply information annotation together with their different information providers; you have to use your individual device, which may be inefficient.
2. Lack of evaluations
Buyer or person evaluations on B2B evaluation platforms, corresponding to G2, TrustRadius or Capterra, assist potential consumers have a look at the corporate from its buyer/person’s viewpoint.
Our evaluation didn’t discover any evaluations for Innodata, indicating that the corporate could not have a big buyer base. This will make it tough for potential prospects to know how properly the corporate meets as much as its claims and what points its prospects face.
3. Smaller crowd dimension
The extent of variety and the preparation pace of a human-generated dataset will depend on how many individuals work on that dataset. As in comparison with its options like Clickworker or Appen, Innodata has a considerably smaller pool of staff (round 4000) who work on its information providers. This implies Innodata will have the ability to present datasets in fewer languages and domains. This additionally signifies that Innodata might need points getting ready large-scale datasets in shorter intervals of time.
Here’s a comparability of the group sizes of all of the Innodata and its options:
Determine 1. Crowd dimension comparability
Detailed evaluation of options
This part evaluations all the three options talked about on this article.
Clickworker is an effective different to Innodata because it gives numerous AI providers and information options by means of its crowdsourcing platform. The corporate leverages its world community of over 6 million staff to finish AI information initiatives.
Here’s a record of Clickworker’s information options:
- Datasets collected and generated by people
- Knowledge sorts embody textual content, audio, speech, picture, and video
- Knowledge annotation providers
- Analysis/survey information
- Reinforcement studying from human suggestions (RLHF).
Execs and cons of working with Clickworker:
- A buyer evaluation relating to Clickworker’s AI providers and its ‘dependable’ crowd.1
- Whereas some prospects discover Clickworker’s costs excessive, additionally they discover its annotation providers environment friendly.2
Appen is one other different to Innodata and a preferred title within the AI information area. Its choices embody:
- Knowledge assortment & era
- Knowledge sorts embody picture, video, textual content, audio, speech
- Knowledge annotation
- Knowledge validation
Execs and cons of working with Appen:
- Regardless of its recognition, latest information has highlighted that Appen’s efficiency is in decline as the corporate loses prospects and goes by means of monetary losses.3
- A buyer evaluation relating to Appen’s buyer help, pricing, information high quality, and platform.4
3. Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk)
Amazon Mechanical Turk, or MTurk, can also be a preferred different for Innodata, providing AI providers by means of a crowdsourcing mannequin and a market.
Here’s a record of their choices:
- AI information assortment and era of various information sorts
- Knowledge annotation
- Market analysis & surveys
- Educational analysis
- Different information providers
Execs and cons of working with Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Clients recognized that the majority staff on MTurk’s platform will not be fluent English audio system. This will trigger points for purchasers who require human-generated information in English.5
- A buyer discovered its information assortment service to be environment friendly. Nonetheless, numerous prospects discovered the standard of the work carried out by the employees to be low.6.
Find out about Amazon Mechanical Turk options right here.
AIMultiple serves quite a few rising tech corporations, together with those linked on this article.
When you need assistance discovering a vendor or have any questions, be at liberty to contact us: