As a busy social media supervisor, you may’t spend all of your time posting updates on the fly. With engagement charges to measure, a social technique to craft, and your content material calendar to take care of, it makes good sense to spend money on bulk scheduling for social media—and save your time for different obligations.
Bonus: Obtain our free, customizable social media calendar template to simply plan and schedule all of your content material prematurely.
What’s bulk scheduling?
Social media bulk scheduling is the follow of organizing and scheduling many posts forward of time. (With Hootsuite, you may bulk schedule as much as 350 posts directly!)
With bulk scheduling, you may:
- Save time and sources to give attention to different areas of your function or enterprise
- Streamline and strengthen your social media marketing campaign coordination
- Plan time-sensitive content material prematurely
- Publish when your viewers is lively and on-line (no extra scrambling on the final minute to collect belongings and submit within the second)
Bulk scheduling makes every day posting easy and takes the fear out of maintaining together with your social media calendar. On any given day, you’ll know precisely what number of posts will exit and when.
Let’s dive in and discover precisely the right way to bulk schedule social media posts with Hootsuite.
Learn how to bulk schedule social media posts in 5 simple steps
Visible learners, watch the video under discover ways to bulk schedule social media posts with Hootsuite. Everybody else — preserve studying.
Step 1: Obtain Hootsuite’s bulk composer file
To bulk compose and schedule social media posts in Hootsuite, you’ll must observe just a few easy steps in preparation, beginning with getting ready a bulk submit CSV file to add into Hootsuite:
- Launch your Hootsuite dashboard. On the left, click on Writer.
- On the highest Writer menu, click on Content material.
- From the Content material menu, click on Bulk Composer on the left.
- Click on the Obtain instance button on the best of the display screen.
- Open the downloaded CSV file in a program that helps .csv information, for instance, Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
Professional tip: We advocate importing the CSV file into Google Sheets. Different software program would possibly mess up the date and time format required to appropriately add a bulk submit.
Step 2: Fill out the CSV file
We get it; opening a brand new CSV file appears daunting. However, by following these step-by-step directions, you’ll be bulk scheduling your social posts very quickly.
- In Column A, fill out the date and time you need your submit printed through the use of one of many supported codecs under:
- day/month/12 months hour:minute
- month/day/12 months hour:minute
- 12 months/month/day hour:minute
- 12 months/day/month hour:minute
- Do not forget that the clock have to be in 24-hour format, time should finish in a 5 or a 0, publishing occasions can solely be set for a minimum of 10 minutes from while you add the file into Hootsuite, and your date format must be constant all through the entire bulk schedule file.
- In Column B, add the caption on your submit, and keep in mind to stick to any social media character limits.
- Wish to add pictures, emojis, or movies to your bulk schedule? You may add these after you’ve uploaded the CSV file to Hootsuite.
- If you wish to direct your viewers out of your social submit to a particular URL, add a hyperlink in Column C. You may select to shorten them to Ow.ly hyperlinks later.
- Save your file and transfer on to the subsequent step.
Reminder: Hootsuite’s bulk composer software allows you to schedule 350 posts at a time. You may submit all 350 on one social media platform, and even have 50 posts throughout seven totally different platforms!
Step 3: Add the CSV file to Hootsuite
You’re able to add your CSV file containing all of the posts you wish to bulk schedule into Hootsuite.
- Navigate to the Hootsuite dashboard and click on on Writer, Content material, after which click on on Bulk Composer on the left.
- Click on Choose file to add, select your lately created .csv file, and click on Open.
- Choose the social media platforms you wish to bulk schedule your posts for.
- Verify the field subsequent to Don’t shorten hyperlinks if you need the total URL to unfurl in your social media submit, or go away it unchecked if you need your hyperlink to show as ow.ly.
Step 4: Evaluation and edit your posts
Hurray! Now you’re able to assessment your bulk scheduled posts and visualize how they’ll current to your viewers.
- Click on on every submit to assessment the copy and add any emojis, images, or movies.
Frightened that you just might need made a scheduling mistake? The Hootsuite bulk scheduling software will robotically flag errors and mean you can repair the problems. Nonetheless, do not forget that you gained’t be capable to schedule the gathering of posts till you repair them.
Step 5: Bulk schedule your posts
- When you’ve completed reviewing and enhancing, click on on Schedule within the backside proper.
- Scheduling would possibly take just a few seconds, and as soon as Hootsuite has completed scheduling your bulk posts, assessment them by clicking View scheduled messages.
- Have to make just a few extra tweaks? Click on on Planner to individually edit your scheduled posts.
And that’s it! You’ve rapidly and simply bulk scheduled posts for Fb, Instagram, Twitter, and different social media platforms in a heartbeat.
5 finest practices for bulk scheduling on social media
One dimension doesn’t match all
Phrase rely differs on every social platform, so be certain that your bulk scheduled posts comprise the right variety of characters. As of 2021, Twitter has a 280 character restrict, Instagram has 2,200, and Fb has a large 63,206 character restrict.
Hold your social media copy distinctive for every submit, even in case you’re sharing the identical hyperlink. Repeatedly sharing the identical submit with the identical message might flag your account as spam and hinder your possibilities of social media success.
Scheduling isn’t every part
Scheduling shouldn’t be your complete social technique. Save room in your feed for real-time updates and responses, too. Ideally, your social media feed ought to adhere to the rule of thirds:
- ⅓ enterprise promotion to transform readers and generate earnings
- ⅓ sharing concepts from influencers in your business or related companies
- ⅓ private tales to assist construct your model
There’s 1,000,000 new issues you would be doing on social—buyer care is red-hot, social commerce is booming, and TikTok can’t be ignored. Getting misplaced is straightforward.👀
— Hootsuite (Owly’s Model) (@hootsuite) November 12, 2021
Bear in mind to hear
Bulk scheduling is superb for frequently broadcasting to your viewers, however it’s additionally essential to take the time to hear. It is advisable give and obtain, so have interaction together with your followers, reply to feedback, reply to direct messages, and construct relationships.
Wish to take social listening one step additional? Hootsuite Insights helps you analyze thousands and thousands of viewers conversations, so your finger is at all times on the heart beat.
Posting constantly on social media is a key element of a profitable social technique— the Fb and Instagram finest follow information even says so.
Creating and sticking to a constant posting schedule will permit your followers to know when your content material is arriving on their feeds and assist construct engagement. Bulk scheduling social posts allows you to follow a daily schedule and ensures that you just at all times have content material going out in your feed when your viewers expects it.
Save time managing your social presence and use Hootsuite to create, schedule, and submit content material in bulk. Attempt it without cost at this time.
Simply handle all of your social media in a single place and save time with Hootsuite.