Your prospects eat content material throughout a number of platforms, in numerous codecs, and in numerous mindsets. Re-purposing content material could make you ever-present in any respect touchpoints in your viewers’s path to buy, establishing sturdy connections that assist construct model consciousness, sentiment and convert clicks into conversions.
As digital platforms and buyer expectations proceed to evolve, it may be tough to get forward of your viewers’s insatiable thirst for recent content material. When aiming for a cheap and scalable digital advertising strategy, neglecting your content material re-purposing technique is not an possibility.
What Is Content material Re-Purposing?
Merely put, re-purposing is the method of recycling content material into completely different codecs to extend your publishing choices on completely different platforms. Its objective is to extend the scope of your advertising materials, focusing on new audiences who eat content material in numerous methods by presenting them with the identical beneficial and informative content material that has been used to interact your current prospects.
Varieties of re-purposing embrace:
- Serialisation of eBook chapters into weblog posts (or weblog posts into an eBook)
- Case research right into a LinkedIn carousel put up
- Taking a podcast transcript and re-working right into a weblog put up or animated video
- Webinar right into a SlideShare presentation
- Enhancing long-form video content material into digestible, snackable Instagram Tales, YouTube shorts or TikToks
The Advantages of Incorporating Content material Re-Purposing into Your Digital Advertising and marketing Technique
- Time and price efficient: Get extra mileage out of your present content material investments by reaching new audiences and increasing the lifetime of your work.
- Enhance content material ROI: Optimising your content material for a number of platforms will increase natural attain and the following return out of your content material funding, whether or not that is by way of Google, YouTube, Spotify, social media platforms or electronic mail.
- Viewers-centric: By re-surfacing and enhancing standard content material, you might be focusing your efforts on materials you realize already resonates along with your target market, lowering danger and noise.
- De-fragment the client journey: 73% of shoppers use a number of channels to assist make their buy choice. Partaking along with your viewers throughout these helps to completely join your buyer journey, strengthening engagement and guaranteeing visibility when it counts.
- Eliminates inventive block: Take away limitations to inspiration by absolutely utilising what’s already scheduled in your content material calendar.
How you can Get Began with Content material Re-Purposing
Ideally re-purposing is central to your content material advertising and manufacturing processes, reasonably than an afterthought.
- Proactive (embedding content material re-purposing into your technique and manufacturing processes): Content material repurposing is commonly regarded as one thing you contemplate after creating an preliminary piece of content material. Nevertheless, it will possibly make sense to create content material for various codecs concurrently or concurrently in order that the inventive work concerned doesn’t pile up.
- Reactive (responding to latest successes): Another choice is monitoring efficiency and re-purposing throughout codecs or platforms after you have examined the waters and picked up engagement knowledge. This strategy finest serves organisations with agile inventive groups as lead-times could also be brief to completely capitalise on its success.
- Retrospectively (re-surfacing evergreen content material): Lastly, there may be the choice to look additional again, auditing your owned media stock to establish content material that has both remained repeatedly beneficial or has loved a recognition resurgence attributable to macro developments. Use longitudinal engagement knowledge to make your choice, replace the asset after which increase the format for huge distribution to your target market throughout the platforms they play.
Extra manufacturers are making eCommerce and digital central to how they do enterprise in response to buyer demand. As platforms proceed to increase their content material codecs, the strain to supply recent content material can overwhelm probably the most inventive and responsive content material groups.
By embedding a re-purposing tradition on the technique and preliminary manufacturing section, you’ll be able to maintain your owned, earned and paid media content material calendar full with partaking and time confirmed materials that retains your viewers entertained.